When it comes to mountain biking everyone has to start somewhere. With instruction from our expert tutors and professional coaches this beginners mountain bike course is designed to give you the MTB skills & knowledge required to just get out there and ride with the confidence and fearlessness required to really enjoy your mountain biking journey.
Starting something new can be very daunting and having the best advice and tuition from the start is going to make all the difference. This unique beginners mountain bike course will teach you everything you need to know, from getting your bike ready to ride, right through to how to look after your mountain bike after you are home again - not forgetting all the fun bits in between.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions this is the course for you:
- I am looking to buy a mountain bike but I want to make sure I enjoy it before I do
- I would like some advice about what bike would be right for me
- I have recently bought a mountain bike and would like to make sure I have it set up correctly
- I am unsure what clothing to wear when I am biking
- I would like to know more about basic bike maintenance so I can fix my own punctures etc
- I have the bike but I would like to know what other essentials I should take out with me on my rides
- I lack the skills and confidence required to really enjoy my mountain bike
- I am scared of going downhill!
- I struggle going up hill!
- I keep falling off!
How fit do I need to be to attend this mountain bike course for beginners?
To complete this course you do not need to have a high level of fitness - we have our very own coaching trail which is situated 100 meters from our classroom and the majority of the practical MTB skills instruction will take place in this one area.
What equipment do I need to bring with me?
If you already have a mountain bike and helmet please bring those with you if you can. If you do not have a bike or are unable to bring that along we do have some fantastic bikes available to hire, helmets are also provided. If you would like to hire a bike from us please mention it on your booking form and include your height so we can reserve the correct size for you.
You should also bring along some comfortable clothing to ride in such as jogging bottoms, casual tops and trainers if you do not have any bike specific clothing (what to wear will be covered on the course)
What will the course cover?
- How to put your bike into and out of your car - including how to remove and replace wheels
- The basic kit to take out with you to ensure you are fully prepped for your ride
- What to wear
- How to set the bike up - so it feels comfortable to ride
- How to do basic maintenance such as fixing punctures and adjusting gears
- How to use your gears correctly - be in the right gear at the right time
- How to perform basic bike skills on the trail
- How to not be scared of your brakes!
- The best riding positions for both uphill and downhill
- How to look after your bike once the ride is over
The beginners MTB course will end with a chat through everything you have done during the day whilst drinking tea/coffee and eating cake - how every day of riding should end!
Training Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 participants maximum - we keep our training ratios very low in order for you to receive the best possible instruction and coaching.
Course Venue: Whinlatter, Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5TW - Situated in the heart of the magnificent Lake District our stunning location provides one of the most picturesque training venues in the whole of the UK.
Course Cost: £100 for 1 day - over 18's only (Private courses can be arranged for under 18's as long as they are accompanied by an adult)
Corona Virus Update:Due to social distancing measures, we are unable to run this course at the present time. If you would like to be notified when we are able to offer new dates please contact [email protected]
bo[email protected] and we will organise that booking for you.
Private Courses are available for both corporate & private groups or individuals - contact [email protected]
Gift Certificates are available for all our courses and are the perfect gift for any family members or friends. Please contact us for more information.Free Entitlement: When you come along on your Cyclewise course you will be given a discount card that entitles you to 10% off shop purchases for the duration of your course. Contact us on 01768-898775 or e-mail [email protected] for more information about our courses.
COSTS & DETAILS || ONE DAY COURSE £100.00