In line with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016, Cyclewise has reviewed and revised its procedures on how we collect, use and share people's information, to ensure individuals are aware of how their information is handled. We are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Who Are We?
The premises of Cyclewise Whinlatter and Cyclewise Cockermouth are part of Cyclewise Whinlatter Ltd, which also operates alongside the sister company Cyclewise Training Ltd. For simplicity we advertise all products and services under the umbrella of Cyclewise and throughout this policy ‘we’ and ‘us’ refers to Cyclewise as a brand.
‘You’ and ‘your group’ means you and your party members or anyone for whom you are making a booking, order or enquiry.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
• Contact Number
• Payment Information
• IP Address
• Age/Date Of Birth (Relevant Course Bookings Only)
• Gender (Relevant Course Bookings Only)
• Medical & Fitness Information (Relevant Course & Hire Bookings Only)
• Emergency Contact Details (Course Bookings Only)
• British Cycling Membership Number (British Cycling Course Bookings Only)
We are not interested in collecting every personal detail about you. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us.
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
• To respond to your enquiries
• To manage your course, workshop & bike hire bookings
• To manage your online purchases
• To manage your in-store purchases
• To manage your cycle to work scheme voucher
• To manage your V12 Retail Finance agreement
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints
• To send invoices, receipts, reminder notifications, and accounting requests for information. We use third party secure accounting systems to process this information.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities
• To fulfil any contractual and legal obligations
Using Our Website
We provide links to other websites, which are not operated and controlled by Cyclewise. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
How We Protect Your Personal Data?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that all of our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you. In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach, which compromises our protection of your personal information, we will inform you as soon as possible.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
Any personal information you provide will only be retained for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the relevant purpose for which it was provided, or for as long as is necessary and reasonable to enable us fulfil any statutory or regulatory requirements.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
• Staff. We make sure that access to your personal information is limited to those of our staff who need it, and that all staff understand how and why we protect your personal information.
• Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you.
• Third parties who help us to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions.
• Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services, insurance claims & warranty claims.
Your Control And Choices
Under data protection legislation everyone has the right to request access to the information we hold about them.
You have the right to:
• Be informed about how we will use your personal data.
• Request access to the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
• Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
• Object to your personal data being processed if there is no reason for it to be retained.
• Unsubscibe (opt out) at any time from our marketing communications
Previous Changes To This Policy